Tuesday, August 13, 2024

52 With A View: Mount Hayes

Tuesday, August 13, 2024 - I'm looking forward to see if I have totally recovered from last week's "Great Gulf Trail" hike. I have 24 mountains to go, so today is Mount Hayes (green = hiked, yellow = not-hiked):


I was up in Gorham, New Hampshire at 1, looking up at where-I-was-going-to-be:

AllTrails has a good map - I will be going up-and-back on Centennial Trail (part of The Appalachian Trail):

I parked right across from The Trailhead at 1:27

Pretty easy Trail for the first 1/2 mile:

1 mile in, it is a Good New Hampshire Hiking Trail (note the White Blazes, which equals The Appalachian Trail):

Since I am "Mountain Climbing" (or Hiking), it has to GO UP sometime:

Cool landscapes on the top of the mountain:

Continue beyond the summit to get to the LEDGES (there is a small ledge, but keep going to THE BIG ONE):


On my way back down I saw a nice burst of color:

I finished just after 5 PM - I hiked 6.93 miles in 3 hours 36 minutes:

Thank You God for this great "52 With A View" day!

For my listening pleasure today:

Rockapella - Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, 1982 album, last heard 9/18/2016 - how can you not LOVE "Geography Songs" like "Capital" and the Title Track!!!

Well, she'll ransack Pakistan, and pull a scam in Scandinavia
Then she'll stick 'em up down under and go pick-pocket Perth
She put the 'Miss', in misdemeanor when she stole the beans from Lima
Tell me where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?


Whitney Houston - Whitney - The Greatest Hits [Disc 2] Throw Down, 2000 Greatest Hits album, last heard 9/18/2016 - Disc 2 is FANTASTIC Dance/Rock Music:

Garland Jeffreys - Wild In The Streets (Best Of 1977-1983), 2006 compilation album, last heard 9/19/2016. I really like all the songs, but I'm going to delete this album, because I like listening to his albums, and I know "which song comes next":

Jason Aldean - Wide Open, 2009 3rd studio album, last heard 9/19/2016:

Pete Townshend - Who Came First, 1972 debut solo album, last heard 9/19/2016. For some reason, the only 2 songs I have are "Pure and Easy" and "Sheraton Gibson":

The Who - The Who Live - Mansfield, MA - Sept 27, 2002 (2 cds), 2002 live cds, last heard 9/19/2016 - I WAS THERE (and Counting Crows was the Opening Act):

Gil Scott-Heron/Brian Jackson - Winter In America, 1974 album, last heard 9/20/2016 - Gil Scott-Heron made music that is real. He died in 2011, and I like his music A LOT:

Kimberly Caldwell - Without Regret, 2011 album, last heard 9/20/2016 - well not "music that is real", but at least "music that is fun":

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about visiting Art Museums and National Parks (and hiking in the Rockies)
hyperlink: dixonheadingwest
http://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment