Thursday, July 28, 2022

52 With A View: Mount Israel

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - This is a map of the New Hampshire "52 With A View":
It turns out that I have climbed 18 of them so far. I'll be doing Mount Israel today:

(yes, that is a couple of libraries you see on the map)

Once again, another pretty-straightforward up-and-down hike. 3.93 miles in 2 hours 12 minutes:
At the trailhead just before 1 PM:

Lovely day in the woods:

After an hour, there is a nice "side-trail":
with its view south:

Nice VERTICAL:
but it doesn't last long:

I reached the Summit at 2:13

A nice easy trail back down:
And got back down to my car at The Mead Base Conservation Center at 3:04

A few minutes later I passed a couple of guys out going fishing:

Home for Dinner at 6! Thank You God for this wonderful "52 With A View" Day!

For my listening pleasure today:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly, 1982 debut solo album
Donald Fagen is 1/2 of Steely Dan, and this is his debut solo album. I like it a lot.

various artists - Billboard Top Hits 1985, 1985
Ten songs: 8 #1s, and 2 #2s

various artists - Music From The OC: Mix 6, 2007

various artists - New York Rock And Soul Revue: Live At The Beacon, 1991 live album

various artists - The Ultimate Ibiza Album (3 cds), 2008
After listening to this, I deleted it - I guess I don't need dance music as much as I thought.

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about visiting Art Museums and National Parks (and hiking in the Rockies)
hyperlink: dixonheadingwest
http://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment