Thursday, July 13, 2023

52 With A View: North Percy Peak (plus a Terrifying 25: Percy Peak Trail)

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - This is a zoomed-in map of the New Hampshire "52 With A View" - I have climbed 21 of them so far. I'll be doing North Percy Peak today:

As a BONUS, the Trail is also on the Terrifying 25 list:
The "Terrfiying 25" is a list of trails in New Hampshire that have what may seem to be some type of "dangerous activity" associated with them. There are 20 "Required" Trails, plus you select 5-of-14 "Optional" trails. On the map:
Yellow = "Required", have not climbed
Orange = "Optional", have not climbed
Black = "Have Climbed"

I started at my Breakfast-in-Boston - Shakespeare-on-the-Common is doing "Macbeth" this year. Pretty Cool set:

North Percy Peak (and South Percy Peak) are WAY UP THERE. It was after Noon when I took this picture of the mountains I was going to climb:
I crossed Nash Stream, with my mountains in the background:
I parked and headed up the trail at 12:36
The trail is less than 7 miles, and should take under 4 hours:

I reached the turnoff for South Percy Peak at 1:50. Going up, there was a nice view back over my shoulder:
I hit South Percy Peak at 2:12, and it has its own nice views:

Then it was down-and-up to North Percy Peak:

I think this is why this trail is on the "Terrifying 25":

A nice view of "Christine Lake":
I hit the summit at 2:52

Back down and around The Mountain to get back to my car:

I wound up doing 6.57 miles in 3 hours 41 minutes:

I was hot, so I was glad to be able to cool off in Nash Stream:

I had a roast beef sandwich in North Conway. Wendy was seeing a play at The Gloucester Stage Company with a friend, so we both got home in the dark. Thank You God for this wonderful COMBO DAY ("52 With A View" plus a "Terrifying 25")!

For my listening pleasure today - all from a cd I burned 20 years ago, in wma format:

Gloria Estefan - Cuts Both Ways, 1989 debut solo album

Scott Hamilton - With Strings, 1993

Bob Marley - Exodus, 1977

Branford Marsalis Quartet - Footsteps of Our Fathers, 2002

Yo-Yo Ma - Bach: Sonatas for Viola da gamba & Harpsichord, 1984

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about visiting Art Museums and National Parks (and hiking in the Rockies)
hyperlink: dixonheadingwest
http://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment