Sunday, September 13, 2020

52 With A View: Mount Kearsarge

Sunday, Sept. 13, 2020 - So far I have done five of the "52 With A View":

Today I'm going to tackle the 2nd closest one: Mount Kearsarge - I can print a smaller map in the future!

I don't know - this "47 With A View" still looks like A LOT OF MOUNTAINS!


I'm actually on my way to the Adirondacks (Wendy is really busy this week, so she let me go).


It turns out the trailhead for Mount Kearsarge (in Winslow State Park) is only 6 miles from I-89 North (and 8 miles to get back on, heading north):



I got to the Entrance Gate at 3:20 PM, but there was no one to check my Parking Pass. Instead of a "Guard Dog", they had a "Guard Turkey":


The trailhead is easy:


I went up Winslow Trail (1.1 miles), which is a good uphill trail:

with some (wonderful-for-kids) rock-climbing parts:


35 minutes after starting, I was UP ON TOP:



yes, I know I misspelled "Kearsarge".

Looking west at Pleasant Lake:

and looking north:

(sorry - the peaks are just so far away that I can't tell what's what.)

Following the yellow blazes northeast-then-down on Barlow Trail (1.8 miles):


I wound up hiking 2.77 miles in 1 hour 19 minutes:



Easy drive, and I got to the Super 8 in Ticonderoga (248 miles today) about 3 hours later (pizza and football)! Thank you God for this Wonderful "52 With A View" Day!

Albums I have not shared with you before, starting with:

Bruce Springsteen - 18 Tracks, 1999

mostly songs from "Tracks". But I still love hearing "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart".

Then 4 albums by Dawes Nothing Is Wrong, 2011


the first cut is their minor hit "Time Spent in Los Angeles". Very nice song, and I don't know how it got on my radar.

Stories Don't End, 2013


All Your Favorite Bands, 2015


We're All Gonna Die, 2016


Ed Sheeran - +, 2011 debut album


Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about visiting Art Museums and National Parks (and hiking in the Rockies)
hyperlink: dixonheadingwest
http://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment