Monday, June 13, 2022

52 With A View: Mount Roberts

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - This is a map of the New Hampshire "52 With A View":
It turns out that I have climbed 12 of them so far.

Today I'm going to tackle Mount Roberts - a pretty-straightforward up-and-down hike. 5.13 miles in 2 hours 36 minutes:
Nice drive today - down into Boston, then up 93, over to the hike, then continuing over to 16 south back to 95, and home:
View of Lake Winnipesaukee going up, and out to the north at the top.

Nice view of Berry Pond in Moultonborough:
Nice views at the beginning of the hike:
The trails in this neck of the woods are old carriage trails:
A nice start for the first hike of the year.

First Viewpoint:
and yes, that's Lake Winnipesaukee down there:
You keep heading up, at a nice easy pace, on the very-well-marked trail:
I reached the summit around 1 PM:
with it's SUPER view of Mount Washington off to the north:
Excellent view on the way back. Maybe I'll do Mount Shaw next week:
When I got back down I found the REAL map:
After hiking, my route home took me right past Merrowvista:
Easy drive home for dinner. Thank You God for this Great "52 With A View" Day!

For my listening pleasure today I am going to be listening to compliation albums ("Various Artists"):

2012 Grammy Nominees, 2012
Pure 90's, 2007
On The Charts: I.R.S. Records 1979-1994, 2005
I did not take any music on my hike, and it was great having "Mexican Radio" and "Rain in the Summetime" in my head the whole time.

Driving Home it was time for Saturday Night Fever, 1977
Shape Cardio One
Shape Fitness Music Cardio 1 '80s/'90s Hits, 2004
Slam Jams, Vol. 1, 1997
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about visiting Art Museums and National Parks (and hiking in the Rockies)
hyperlink: dixonheadingwest
http://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment