Saturday, June 18, 2022

52 With A View: Blueberry Mountain

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - This is a map of the New Hampshire "52 With A View":
It turns out that I have climbed 16 of them so far.

Wendy is hosting a Retreat at our house today, so I'm going to tackle Blueberry Mountain - a pretty-straightforward up-and-down hike. 3.7 miles in 1 hour 36 minutes:
Beautiful early-morning hike on Singing Beach:

These New Hampsire mountains are kind-of far away - at the Trailhead at 1:52 PM
Pretty walking through the woods:
Scrambling up the rocks:

it is hazy, but I'm hoping the clouds are above me, and not around me.

There is no sign for the little trail off to the Summit, so I kept going along the mountain, getting to see a nice view (looking north) when I decided to turn around:

The Summit at 2:55 PM
Kind-of a pretty view over the treetops:
Back to my car by 3:30, and homeward bound! Thank You God for this very nice "52 With A View" Day!

For my listening pleasure today:

Aqualung - Memory Man, 2007
Bill Morrissey Standing Eight, 1994
It has been 7 years since I have actually listened to this album. A Beautiful Masterpiece - Chills and Tears. Wendy and I first saw him at a club in Cambridge right around when this album came out, and we saw him a number of other times over the years (Hingham, Vineyard Haven, ...). Bill Morrissey died in his sleep in a hotel room in Georgia on July 23, 2011, at age 59.

Cyrus Chestnut - Genuine Chestnut, 2005
Excellent jazz piano player.

Curves Cardio - Vol 22 - Latin Music, 2005
I only kept "Gloria Medley", "Calypso Bananero", and "Mamasita", but they are LOTS OF FUN.

No music on my hike.

Driving Home:

Elton John - The Complete Thom Bell Sessions, 1977
In the late-70's (October 1979) Wendy and I saw him downtown (NYC) at The Palladium.

Drive-By Truckers - The Fine Print (A Collection Of Oddities And Rarities 2003-2008), 2009
Excellent cuts include "Rebels" (the Tom Petty song), "Play It All Night Long" (the Warren Zevon song), and "Like a Rolling Stone" (yes, the Bob Dylan song).

Death Cab For Cutie - Codes and Keys, 2011
20 years ago, a friend said I would like Death Cab for Cutie. Hearing this album, he was right - I'll have to get some more of their stuff!

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about visiting Art Museums and National Parks (and hiking in the Rockies)
hyperlink: dixonheadingwest
http://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment