Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Adirondacks July 2020 - Day 3/3

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - I was originally planning on hiking Seymour Mtn. today, but I am too sore from the past 2 days, so I'm just heading home:


It is a lovely drive west-south-and-east through the Adirondack Park. Then south on 87 and east on 90 (the Mass Pike), all the way to Logan Airport. I looped through Revere, got a car wash at The Barn, then up Route 1. I went to REI in Reading, just to give them their hiking-pole-pieces, but the guy said "Wasn't there another pole?"

I ran out to my car and got it, and he let me go get ANOTHER NEW SET - FOR FREE:


Didn't that work out nicely!

393 miles today, and home at 3 PM.

Very sobering adventure - Thank you God for this Great Day!

I started the drive with the mp3 cd - Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown, 1974


Very nice listening to Gordon Lightfoot, driving through the Adirondack woods. and of course listening to "Carefree Highway"!!

Carefree highway, let me slip away on you
Carefree highway, you seen better days
The morning after blues from my head down to my shoes
Carefree highway, let me slip away, slip away on you

Then Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash, 1992, cd 2:


Then back to the mp3 cd that I burned back in November 2000:

Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega, 1985 debut album


Marvin Hamlisch, Scott Joplin - The Sting, 1973 soundtrack


Traffic - Traffic, 1968 second album


lyrics: "40,000 Headmen"

... But luckily for me they had to stop and then reload
And by the time they'd done that I was heading down the road.

U2 - War, 1983 third album


Wow, what an excellent album!

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece, 1974


Wang Chung - Points on the Curve, 1983 second album


"Dance Hall Days" is a Great Driving Song!

Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life, 1986


With "Higher Love", "Back in the High Life Again", and "The Finer Things", what an excellent album!

No comments:

Post a Comment